|Home cooked Chinese food prep|
|Home cooked Chinese meal|
For dessert, I baked for us my pecan & butterscotch cheesecake with Oreo biscuit base. Served with pouring cream. A very tasty and satisfying meal!
|Pecan & butterscotch cheesecake|
The cheesecake recipe I use is one of my favourite things to bake. It is from The Australian Women’s Weekly: Cheesecakes: baked and chilled book. My mother-in-law got me this when she found out that I was trying out cheesecake recipes for Leigh as it’s his favourite dessert. I am so glad she did, as the best cheesecake recipe I've ever tried is in this book! I've not tried another cheesecake recipe since and always get requests to make this one time and time again. I've tweaked it by using Oreo biscuits for the base.
150g Oreo biscuits, cream centres removed
50g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
60g (1/2 cup) pecans, roasted and chopped
75g brown sugar
1 tbsp cream
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 140°C fan-forced.
Grease and line a 20cm spring form tin.
2. Process biscuits until fine. Add butter, process until combined.
Press mixture over base of tin. Place tin into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Make filling by beating cheese, extract and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixture until smooth.
Beat in the eggs. Stir in flour and nuts.
4. Pour filling into tin and bake for about 45 minutes.
5. Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar.
6. Make topping by heating ingredients in a small saucepan until smooth.
7. Spread topping over cheesecake.
Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.